Search: Advanced search
Browse by category:
|Glossary | Contact Us|
How do I look at spam caught in the GWAVA spam filter?
In the past, everyone has received a digest of email stopped by the spam filter, sometimes two or three digests per day depending on the amount of spam your mailbox was targeted by. Gwava now provides an alternate method to release spam from the archive, via a website. By following the instructions below, you can check your spam archive at your own convenience, rather than waiting for the system to send you a digest email. For the time being, we are still continuing to send the digests as well, but we will soon be able to discontinue the digest email for those users who do not wish to receive it.
To check your spam archive via a web browser:
1. In the web browser of your choice, go to http://redhorse.forestry.uga.edu:49285/ (you may wish to bookmark this address for future use.)
2. Log in using your full email address and Groupwise password. For instance, if your user name is jsmith, log in as firstname.lastname@example.org with you normal Groupwise password.
3. You should see a list of currently archived emails that the system thinks are spam. From this screen you can delete or release them as you prefer. Email not released after 30 days will be automatically deleted by the system.
4. To delete or release any item in the list, simply click the checkbox next to the email in question and click either the "Release" or "Delete" icon as appropriate.
5. If you have a large amount of email in the archive, you may need to use the search tools on the left hand pane to find the specific item you wish to release.
Those of you still using email addresses in the old formats (email@example.com for example) will need to add those addresses to your profile in order to manage spam sent to those addresses.
1. To add additional addresses, point your web browser at http://redhorse.forestry.uga.edu:49285/ and log in as per the directions in step 2 above.
2. Click on the "Options" Tab
3. Click on the "Addresses" tab
4. Type in the alternate format email address in the space provided and the associated Groupwise password
5. Click the "Add New Address" button
6. Click the "Save Changes" button in the upper-right corner of the screen.
You can now manage the spam archive for these additional addresses when you log in under your "firstname.lastname@example.org" account.
|Others in this Category|
|I know I'm using the right password - why can't I log onto my computer/email/contacts administration?|
|How do I make my computer/network/email passwords the same?|
Powered by KBPublisher (Knowledge base software)