Drug & Alcohol
There are two policies in effect covering alcohol/drug possession and consumption at Warnell, the UGA Alcohol Policy
and the Warnell Alcohol Policy
. The Warnell policy is in addition to the UGA one. Please read and familiarize yourself with these policies.
The following information is not exhaustive, but is meant as general information.
- The office of Judicial Programs will notify parents/guardians every time a student is found in violation of the Drug/Alcohol policy
- These policies are in place whether on or off campus as long as it is a Warnell sanctioned event
- No drugs/alcohol allowed on any transportation (buses, planes, etc), even in the luggage compartment
- No drugs/alcohol allowed in any accommodations (hotels, dorms, campsites, etc) paid for by student fees or funded by Warnell
- Alcohol consumption in bars/restaurants is allowed under applicable laws, but participants are expected to practice moderation
- 1st violation for alcohol possession - Alcohol awareness class, 6 months probation
- 1st violation for alcohol use/possession of drugs - Alcohol awareness class, 12 months probation
- 2nd offense - suspension for current and 1 subsequent semester