The Denmark Forest covers approximately 33 acres in Clarke County, Georgia and is 3 miles from downtown Athens. the Denmark Forest is south of Oconee Forest Park and is bounded on the east by the Oconee River, the west by Riverbend Club Apartments, and the new Complex Carbohydrates Research Center is to the north. The forest is compromised of bottomland hardwood and natural pine. The forest is used by dendrology classes at the Warnell School of Forest Resources. the property was deeded to the University of Georgia Board of Regents on October 17, 1932 by Charles M. Snelling as trustee of Denmark Dining Hall. Denmark Forest was once joined in one large tract with Oconee Forest Park but was divided into two parts by the Georgia Highway 10 loop.